Recent Posts

Will pick ODIs if I have to choose one format: Dhoni

0

Will pick ODIs if I have to choose one format: Dhoni

| 3 hours ago

Dhoni said his retirement plans depend on how his body feels late next year. -Photo by AFP
CHENNAI: India skipper MS Dhoni insisted that his Test-retirement comment made in Australia earlier this year was ‘blown out of proportion’, and that if he had to choose one format to play he would opt for One-day cricket, Times of India reported.
Dhoni said his retirement plans depend on how his body feels late next year.
“By the end of 2013, I will have to see where my body stands. If am not fit enough, I will make way for a youngster, who can play 50-60 games before the big tournament.
“If my body forces me to carry on in only one format, I would choose the 50-over format,” he said.
“By 2014, if I think I may not be in good shape to play the 2015 World Cup, I will give up both formats to make way for a replacement, who needs to settle down,” Dhoni told a conference on Tuesday.

0 comments: